CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Micah's Birthday!


I'm in love with a cowboy!  Sometime in November Micah mentioned to me that he would like to have a saloon party, complete with Saloon piano player, saloon girls, cowboys etc.  Right after Christmas, I decided his birthday would be the perfect occasion for such an event.  So, I placed an ad on Craigslist looking for a piano player.  I should probably tell you Micah is also a huge fan of the HBO series Deadwood, even to the point that before they tore the set down he went there and collected a few of the memorabilia from the set which is now proudly displayed in his home.  Anyway, I got a few responses to my ad on Craigs, nothing that I was particularly interested in.  About a week after I had the ad posted I got a response with a website saloonpiano.com and a message saying let me know if you're interested.  Well to my surprise the man responding was the very piano player in the series Deadwood.  Well, we had to get him!  Long story a little longer, we had a dream party for Micah on his birthday this year.  Dave Bourne the piano player was amazing enough to come down and perform for him.  Here are a few pics of that night.


Here is Natalie and I in our saloon girl getups.  If you have watched the series Deadwood, I would be going for the Joni Stubbs look who was a Madame at the Bella Saloon. Nat would be one of my girls :)
Micah and I sitting around the piano player, Dave Bourne, while he amazed us!
Here are some of the saloon girls

Micah, Bruce and Dave Bourne playing a little music for everyone!  It was awesome!
Suzie, going for the Gem saloon look and her beautiful boy Gibson.
Saloon Girls
Mr. David Bourne.  His specialty is late 1700 into late 1800 piano music.  It was such a great night and Micah grinned like a happy little school boy, which made all the hard work of party planning well worth it. :)



4 comments:

Jenn said...

How awesome!!! It looks so fun, and how cool that everyone dressed up for the part.

M Occasionally B said...

fun times! I love theme parties! Looks like you did a great job. Your BF is a lucky guy!

Rachel and Kelly said...

Looks like it all turned out great. I love your outfit.

Aspen said...

Katie, you rock! What an awesome party you threw. And you looking freaking hot!!!